Most of the time people call up a name of something, they hardly bother to know what it means or how the name was originated. In this new post I will discuss what APK file is.
What is Apk File in Android?
An APK stands for “Android Package Kit“, this file is normally used by Android operating system majorly for distribution and installation of mobile applications. When an APK file is downloaded on the internet or shared by another user, that person is technically getting an application, the final step is just to install it. Majority of Android apps are downloaded from Google Play Store , only few apps that can’t be gotten from play store are from the APK files.
How To Download APK Files From The Internet
There are very many sources of downloading APK files from the internet and you need to very sure its a safe file sharing site, as many APK files are injected with virus and malwares.
I normally download all APK files from APK Mirror, but if you have other sources that are very safe and secure, you can try it but precautions are to be carried out.
Method of Installing an APK File on your Android Device
- Search for the type of APK File you need on the internet, you must certainly have a goal why you need an APK File on your device, try and source this from a very good platform or website so it can be free from malwares and go ahead to download it on your computer.
- Connect your USB device to your computer and copy it to the device you wish to install the APK file on.
- Your device will prompt you if you want it to act as a charging point or as a media device.
- Choose Media device and your Phone Folders will display on the desktop.
- Finally decide if you want to copy or move the downloaded APK File into a chosen located file.
- Find the APK File on your Android phone and click it.
- Scroll down and click install.
- Depends on the security of your Android devices, its normally impossible to allow an unknown file to be installed unless you allow a third party app permission.
- For you to allow a third party application permission, Go to Menu > Settings > Security > and check Unknown Sources in order to allow your Android device to install the APK File into an App.
- After step 7 if your device Third party permission is sorted out, you can decide to open the app or click on done.
Note: If the APK File is actually browsed from your Android device, Just download it and open the file location on your device click it and follow the prompt messages.